Kansas City’s Own Wins the TLPA of the Year 2016
Gregg, who drew media attention last year when he prepared and delivered holiday dinners to passengers on Thanksgiving Day in KC, was recognized this month again for his exceptional dedication to disabled and elderly passengers.
“When it comes to customer service, you really can’t do better than Gregg,” said Alfred LaGasse, CEO of TLPA. “We were so moved by his experiences with the community that we knew he was the person for this award.”
His giving back to the KC community doesn’t stop there- right after two Dallas police officers were shot and killed a few months ago, Gregg started a GoFundMe page. The purpose was to raise money to buy gift cards for the Olathe Police Department and Johnson County Sheriff’s Office. He raised close to $600 and then bought $5 gift cards to local places such as QuikTrip, IHOP, McDonald’s, etc. He stuck with $5 cards so he could get as many of them to try to cover the bulk of the officers. He delivered about 120 cards over a one month period. This year, Gregg plans to continue with the Thanksgiving meals he delivered last year.
Gregg commented, “I intend to do that again and make it an annual event for no other reason that it was just fun.”
Gregg also has some pretty special clients. Kyle, a 24-year old living with Down Syndrome, met Gregg two years ago when Gregg picked him up for work. He has become a regular client and Gregg’s dependability, kindness and willingness to get Kyle where he needs to be has helped Kyle’s life in so many ways.
Gregg drives for zTrip, parent company of 10/10 taxi and a division of Kansas City Transportation Group. KCTG has several divisions: Yellow Cab, 10/10, Carey Limousine and SuperShuttle. zTrip is a local managed franchise driving service that has many advantages over other app booking transportation. This holiday season, look to Gregg and zTrip to get you home safe! A few reasons why we like zTrip:
- zTrip DOES NOT price surge! The price is the same at 2 am when you’ve had a few and need a ride home! (This is really important at holiday time! Plaza lights, anyone?)
- You can book a ride in advance. If you know you need a car at 4am for a flight- why would you leave that to chance?
- You have the choice between a black car sedan or a taxi- you choose for each ride!
- zTrip does not charge per person, so all of your friends can get home safely!
- zTrip Kansas City has partnered with some of our favorite spots- like the Kansas City Chiefs! Grab a ride to and from the game and know your safety is in their trusted hands.
We take inspiration from Gregg and appreciate his service to zTrip and the Kansas City community! Please be safe this season, get a ride and maybe pay it forward a bit- take Gregg as an example. Get home safely and Happy Holidays! #Supportlocal #GiveLocal #PromoteKC